Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 06:59 PM   #101
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by samven View Post
....cut.... I have been looking for a snow blower this year and have been told that if I buy at a big box store the local shops will not honour the warranty. If everyone buys at the big box store though there will not be any local shops so I would be in the same boat anyway.
So in this analogy the big box store is in Dallas, Texas area and keeps costs down by selling huge volume. And because motorhomes are relatively expensive, it's often worth it flying to Texas and driving the MH back home, where the local dealer then is expected to fix all the issues resulting from poor quality control.

Like you I see both side of issue but have a hard time understanding those who don't see the problem from the dealers' perspective.

I personally blame technology for some of this problem. Not that long ago a person looking to buy a motorhome would not have been able to search for best prices anywhere in US. The Internet makes that extremely easy. It seems to me that businesses, and buyers, haven't adjusted completely to this new reality, or the unintended consequences that follow.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.