Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 02:54 AM   #1
bulldogpilot

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34P
State: California
THOR #5941
Rear Camera help

In hopes to improve my visibility at night with my rear camera, I went down and picked up an LED off road light (30 dollars) and a 7 pin trailer harness (28 dollars).

I hooked up the 7 pin harness, while the RV was in Reverse (motor off ) and use a multi meter to find which wire was hot when reverse is engaged ( yellow for me ).

After a quick solder job, I connected the hot lead of the off road light to the yellow wire and the ground to the white wire ( on the 7 Pin harness ).

Since I do not tow anything, I used the class IV's hitch pin hole to mount the light.

The LED light I mounted, puts the itty bitty reverse LED bar on my windsport to shame. And best of all, the back up camera shows me whats behind me in the dark!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	3450   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	3451  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	3452   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	3453  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum