Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: House batteries
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 02:29 AM   #3
mustang94

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/tool...to-a-load.html

This web site has a simple calculator for sizing batteries to a specific amp load over time. While you may have a 240 amp hour capacity, remember that you only get to use 120 amp hours before you drain your battery down to 50% - as low as you want to routinely draw down to, if you do not want to kill your batteries. For a 36 amp draw for 8 hours down to 50%, the calculator says you need 750 amp hours of batteries. For a 28 amp draw over the same 8 hours it would be about 3/4 of that.

28-36 amp draw is a lot. My small Axis draws less than 20 Amps with the A/C and everything else except the microwave.
So correct me if I am wrong. At a 36 amp draw for 8 hours I would need 750 amp per hour. So for me to get even close to this I would need 6 of these T125 batteries @ 240 amp. Not a bad calculator...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum