Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 01:01 AM   #14
Stevenb2560

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE EVO 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #6059
Found some Quality Control issues

Just took delivery of our 2017 ACE 30.3 two weeks ago. I have spent several days going over our new MH. Crawling underneath, inside all compartments, cupboards, drawers etc. I had a small tool pouch with me, electrical tape, wire wrap, silicone spray, zip ties and the normal hand tools. During my thorough inspection of the rig I did find a lot of small nuisance repairs, the results sloppy workmanship, or lack of quality control inspections? Sensor wires pinched underneath the fresh water tank and support frame, electrical connections not sealed or taped properly. Wires hanging down in compartments. Globs of foam sealant laying in the compartment etc.
The good news is that I didn't find any major problems and all of the systems work just fine. No plumbling leaks or electrical problems.
The chassis looks rock solid with no issues found. The cabinets seem to be very well made for an RV. The exterior is beautiful with no flaws!
Our initial drive from the dealership to home was 170 miles and the MH drove very nice, however I will be adding a safety steer system very soon.
We have several trips coming up real soon, so hopefully my attention to the small flaws and thorough inspection will head off any major issues while on the road?
Our previous MH, although smaller had many of the same nuisance issues over the years. That helped know what to look for on our new unit.

Steven B

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum