Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 02:32 AM   #6
tmikea

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24FS
State: Georgia
THOR #5981
I'm not sure what your exact problem is? Do you not have any power to your coach when you are just on battery? NO.

The battery relay is built to not open when on just battery power. It will only open when you are on generator or shore power or when the engine is running. If that is the case, I don't know how the Power Converter gets 12V power to supply the RV 12V circuits.

So when on just battery power, the voltage on the terminal leading to the power converter should read 0v. That is normal. If the coach battery reads 12.6v and you have no 12v power in the coach, it may be that you have a bad store/use switch or a bad circuit breaker. I would check those two first. The battery relay should not make that happen. I have an Axis and my pieces are different, but they should work similarily. Circuit Breaker is good. Batteries read 12.6V. Store/Use switch does cause Solenoid to "click" so I'm assuming that the Store/Use switch is good.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum