Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 04:05 PM   #1
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Schematics and Construction Drawings

Having been an Air Force Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Commander twice, a Logistics Group Commander once, and an Air Staff Division Chief for Munitions and Weapons Maintenance I am keenly aware of the importance of having technical data available when troubleshooting problems or making repairs. You can't "do it by the book" if you don't have the book or know what is in it. In purchasing a 2015 Vegas 24.1 I wanted to ensure I had all the available information possible to understand the complexity of the systems the RV contained.

Several owners of Thor Motor Coaches have often asked other owners how to obtain electrical schematics, plumbing and waste layouts, and other construction drawings. When I was researching material to include in the Vegas/Axis Owners' Manual I was compiling from information on the Thor Forum, I also wanted a library of the relevant schematics and construction drawings for my specific year, model, floorplan, and VIN.

On the Thor Motor Coach website there is an Owners section and a specific request button to contact Thor Customer Service. The customer care request is the way to ask Thor for schematics and drawings. There is a form that opens for you to fill out relevant contact information. You need to provide your email address, Year, Make, Model, and VIN. In the request area you can ask Thor for the schematics/drawings you are seeking. Thor will reply by email within a few days and have the requested information attached as PDF files. Here is a link to the Thor Customer Care request form: https://thormotorcoach.com/customer-care/

In the Vegas/Axis Owners' Manual I compiled, Appendix 3 contains a list of the twenty-some files I requested from Thor. The attached file has a complete list of the schematics and construction drawings Thor sent me for my 2015 Vegas 24.1. The file number on the list will vary by make and model; however, the name should apply to multiple Thor makes and models.

I also went on-line to obtain manufacturer's information for other systems on my Vegas that were not included in the bag of data provided by Thor. That information included:
- Canopy Owners' Manual
- Axxera Radio Manual
- Night Shade Operation and Programming
- TPO Roof Maintenance information
- Hehr Window Service Manual
- Schwintek Bunk Lift Operating Manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2015 Vegas 24.1 Schematics and Construction Drawings.pdf (120.3 KB, 2836 views)
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.