Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 11:29 PM   #29
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I disagree about the full wall slide. The coach is built on a steel platform, this is what resists the torquing on rough roads, not the structure on top. I have the construction prints for my coach and know exactly how it is built. .....cut....
SuperD, it's interesting to note that typical truck chassis, like the Ford F53, built out of "C" frame rails are not particularly stiff in torsion. That's the main reason that Ford redesigned the Super Duty F-350 chassis to have tubular chassis rails.

This short video of a Ford F550 driving off-road, while not an F53, clearly shows just how much twisting a truck chassis can go through. And that's unloaded, where it would be easy for a rear wheel to lift off ground instead of frame twisting as much. A loaded frame like that of a motorhome's, and one that is much longer, would twist far more than we can see on this video.

https://youtu.be/kOeAn0Hn1hQ

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum