Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 05:22 PM   #6
Stevenb2560

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE EVO 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturescott49 View Post
We took delivery of this brand new unit on October 30 and have had it out on one two night trip and an extended 17 night trip.

Trip 1: Water heaters did not work; awning stuck above driver's door; awning LED light did not work; no water to outside kitchen; a lug nut and chrome cover are missing from the right front wheel.

Returned to Camping World who did get us in to address issues (a major miracle!). They found a rip in the awning that cut the cord to the light and it requires a complete replacement of the awning, now on order. They spliced the problem to make the light work temporarily. The wiring connection for both the 110v and LP gas switch on the master console were not hooked up. Lug nut and cover had to be ordered (!!!), have not come in yet.

Trip 2: Water heater works! But, only a brief amount of hot water out of the faucet. Outside kitchen still has no water. Loud whistle from driver's window and the screen will not move.

I called Thor and got a very helpful person immediately. He walked me through the hot water problem. In my 29.3 the header is underneath the sink and there is a cupboard in front of it. There are three valves: hot (red); cold (blue); and bypass (red and blue). Only one is visible and accessible. I found the bypass only be reaching behind the luan. I had to completely remove the luan to expose the cold (blue) valve. The unit had been winterized before leaving the factory and I was only able to partially open the bypass. I cut a hole in the luan and made a hinged door to access the lower valve. VERY POOR DESIGN on an otherwise well-thought out unit. I winterized my 5th wheel many times a winter as we use it a lot in winter. It only had one valve.

The outside kitchen had water pressure to the low point valves, so the problem had to be in the faucet. I loosened the aerator and water began to spray out. Turns out one of the plastic pieces inside was upside down and blocked all flow. It probably came that way from the manufacturer, but shows no one at Thor put water in the unit to test.

Overall, we are impressed with the unit. It is far, far better built than our 2001 model 5-er. It drives very well, has an amazing turning radius, and has proven to be very comfortable.
Wow! I hope that's all that goes wrong with your MH. My new ACE is our 6th RV over the last 30 years. I have come to expect some fit & finish issues with our new rigs, but I have never had a major appliance or system failure ( hear me knocking on wood)!
When we arrived at the dealership to do the PDI it was plugged in and all systems operational. Awning extended, A/C running, tanks full, tv's on, water heater running, jacks down, lights on, engine running etc. dealership spent approximately 4 hours going over all systems and vehicle operations. Everything was turned on and checked, except the furnace(it was a very hot day). We were fortunate that our tech owned the same model ACE, so he was exceptionally experienced with all the ins and outs of our MH.
When I got the MH back home I went through everything again, including the furnace. So far so good.
We love our ACE so far, let's hope for many trouble free miles and fun!

Steven B.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.