Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: House batteries
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 02:07 PM   #45
mustang94

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by allantodd1 View Post
I wanted to increase battery capacity. I have two 12v factory installed batteries in my new Hurricane 34f. I added 2 6v batteries.

The two 12v batteries are running in parallel (positive to positive and ground to ground) and I hooked up the two 6v batteries in series (1 hot to 1 ground connecting the two batteries). I then connected then 1 unused positive on the 2 6v batteries to the positive on the 12 v batteries and the same with the negative)

This I think is correct everything seems functioning correctly so far. Does this sound like the correct hook up ? Any issues ?

Any advice appreciated !
Sounds to be hooked up right but only one thing wrong. You never hook up old with new. Unless your original batteries are new and your 2nd two are exactly the same. Odds are the new batteries are better with more amps and all but they are now only as good as the weaker 2 and may not ever get a full charge. Not sure but now you may have shortened the life span of all 4. I am no expert but you might want to do some checking.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum