Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: House batteries
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #51
bigben

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
I spent a fair amount of time last year doing the math to calculate what we'd need to dry camp with quiet time from 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM each day (no generator running). Experience told me that 2 Trojan 125 were marginal for making it through quiet hours. So we upped the battery set to 4 Trojan 125. Since that time we are good to go.

A couple of reference points. We have a Whirpool TMNF and a CPAP machine that we will run all night. We often will watch TV via a VIP 211Z until about midnight. We dry camp under these conditions for up to 3 months per year.

Lessons learned.

1. Once our invertor hits 11.8 volts it automatically faults out and shuts off.

2. Run the generator for 3 hours to fully charge batteries back up. Try to run gennie from 7:30 PM to 10:30 PM for this purpose.

3. I don't like to use a pony external generator so I change my own oil, oil filter, air filters and spark plugs by standard (150 for oil and air - 500 hours for plugs).

Hope this helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.