Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 02:55 AM   #114
gauthig

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: California
THOR #3681
[QUOTE=Beacher;25657]I purchased my Thor motorhome in Georgia and live in Southern California, so I was totally dependent on local Thor dealerships during the warranty period.

I first visited Mike Thompson's RV in Fountain Valley because they are very convenient to visit during my lunch break. On my way to the office, I actually walked inside a few Windsport motorhomes, and a Pallazo.

In the office I spoke with the woman at the counter and she asked if I purchased my Hurricane there. After I said no, she promptly said that they could not work on Hurricanes as they do not sell them. I mentioned that they are mechanically identical to the Windsport models filling up their lot. She just said no.

The tiny detail that works in the dealership's favor is that they are one of only three remaining RV dealerships in all of the metro area of Southern California, so they are swamped with more business and work than they can handle. They can and most frequently do cherry pick their work.

What works against the dealership in a major metro area is social media like Twitter, Yelp, and Facebook. After a few months of countless negative reviews and posts they realized that there are far more Hurricanes than Windsports in this region of the country, and they were losing ALOT of potential business by alienating potential new customers and pissing off current owners. Lo and behold they magically discontinued selling Windsports and now carry the Hurricane line.

Oh, and they very happily service Hurricanes there now!![/QUO

Hi Beacher, very strange as I bought my Hurricane 35C from Mike Thompson. I picked it up in Fountain Valley. But I have just the opposite issue. I am forced to take it to them. So consider yourself lucky to not get service there.

I have a couple of local places in the high dessert but Thor will not allow them to do warranty work, they told me to go to MT where I bought it or another place in Fontana that is backed up 4 months.
MT is horrible. just picked mine up for some of the 1rst year issues and they only completed half in 6 weeks and made things worse. I told them the bottom USB jacks in the bedroom did not work. They stated they tested and it was fine. Now none of them work. They fixed some peeling wallpaper, now the backer board is falling off the wall. They stated that is another issue. Had them install washer and dryer and they scratched the decal and gelcoat next to the vent. Ask me if I was sure it was not there before. Did not finish other items and told me they were waiting on parts and I needed to bring it back in, but they were backed up for the next 6 to 8 weeks due to people bringing their units in during winter. They told me the same thing in the summer.

I called Thor to find someone else and they stated I "Should" bring it to MT again, otherwise I would have to pay for estimate work and have another service department work on getting approvals. Once they did, I would probably have to pay the bill and get he reimbursement from Thor. I asked about the parts like a cabinet door that were on order from MT and they told me MT never requested anything else.
2018 Thor Challenger 37KT
gauthig is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum