Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Miramar 34.2
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 12:51 AM   #31
streamcamper

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by retromike View Post
I thought I would update all with my ongoing issues with Thor quality. I got my Miramar back from CW after 4 weeks and they were able to fix one thing out of many requests. The icemaker hose was bent in half not allowing it to make ice. They never were able to get the correct bolts for doghouse as they kept ordering wrong parts. They put in some old bolts. Mind you these items came this way from the factory. I wont go into the horror stories of this CW but needless to say people are without jobs there now.
Just got back from our second trip since owning and had to reglue all cabinet door hinges as the screws were falling out. Shower wont drain since day one have to leave gray tank open. Mouldings on slide all coming off, had to renail with finish nails.
All mostly minor repairs that I cant justify driving to repair shop and leaving it. Cost more in gas than fixing it.
On a better note I installed a remote fan in Living room vent area myself. CW wanted 200.00 labor, joke. It works great just ran 12-2 to back of coach and installed 5 amp in fusebox. Now i have venting in Livingroom. Also installed BeQuiet Ultimate to underside of doghouse. Must do cuts down the engine noise by half making for an enjoyable ride.
All in all I still love the Miramar 34.2.
Shes all set up pulling my Jeep wrangler, with no problem.
Having a fan in the living room would be nice. How did you route the wiring from the living room vent to the fuse box in the bed?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum