Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 02:39 AM   #1
K6NCX

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: California
THOR #5809
Rain getting in disables furnace on 2016 ACE 2016

Anybody else encountered this?

We bought a 2016 ACE 2016 new from dealer six weeks ago. It has spent more than half the time since then at the shop, and unresolved issues remain.

Among these is furnace failure, apparently due to rainwater getting in. Our first trip out,
The heat worked fine the first evening. The next day we had a moderate but persistent rain. After several hours we put the heat on, or tried. The blower blew air, but no heat.

Thinking that perhaps the battery voltage was too low for the igniter to work, I started up the generator. No help. So I turned everything off. When I checked a few hours later, I didn't even get cold air.

After being parked at home for a few days of no rain, I tried it again and it worked fine.

So we put this on out long list of issues for the dealer. Service department response: "Working at this time." Yeah, no kidding. No rain

So this past weekend, in our backyard, I figured I should try the heat. It was raining and, guess what, no heat. Blower, but no heat. Next day no rain, and heat works.

By now it's pretty obvious what's going on, the question is how to stop it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum