Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #24
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
Don't want to beat the subject of station selection to death, but yesterday reaffirmed my commitment for using Flying J or Pilot stations with RV gas lanes.

Preparing for a trip Monday so I wanted to fuel up and then take rig home to wash it. Closest/cheapest gas is a Love's out on I-75. I have used this station to pump out when returning from trips but rarely get fuel there because there are no dedicated RV lanes.

Because of my size and the layout of this Love's I needed to use one of the outside lanes. Even though they were not busy this involved a 25 minute wait. One old pickup truck fueled and went inside never to return, on the other end a Mom parked at pump then took her kids inside. She returned 10 minutes later, fueled, then everyone went back inside. She finally returned, got everyone buckled in, adjusted everything herself, and headed out so I could pull in.

Counting pumping my fuel, we spent over 45 minutes at this station. It wasn't the station's fault, or even the other car customer's, it was just something I had to be prepared to deal with because I was trying to fuel up a large MH in a station designed with gasoline pumps for cars.
I agree with you and have found myself in that same situation with large vehicles in the past.
Although I completely understand the folks that are very strict about what they feed their motorhome in terms of fuel there comes a point where it just doesn't make sense, not to me anyway.
In my former life I drove fleet vehicles that ran on rock gut low bid municipal gas. Never was there any fuel related problems with the vehicles with the exception of the occasional load of water that some how migrated into the storage tanks.
I guess you get the good stuff if you can and the lesser quality if you have to.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum