Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 05:09 PM   #23
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL
If we have a day where we need to travel from 10am to 6pm then I am not a big fan of pulling into a strange CG after dark. Can't see low hanging branches or electrical lines plus hooking up utilities isn't that much fun at night.
LOL! Well I have a story for you...
We were on our way to Disney with our 5er in early April(spring break) one year doing our "call ahead to find room". Well campground after campground were all full, its getting dark we're getting more tired, etc. Finally a park says "yeah we got room, just knock on the door and we'll set you up". Its now well past dark when we pull up, the staffer happily checks us in and says "follow me", hops in an F-250 and takes off like the Duke boys--I swear I saw all 4 of his tires leave the ground. It was all I could do to keep up and thread the 5er through the trees. He did lead us to a rather close pull-through spot.

In the morning I got to see the path we took (there was only about 2 or 3 campers in the park)...wow glad we made it with no dents; just a few frayed nerves LOL.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum