Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #25
Hudsoner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post

I now will probably catch hell for this post, but here goes. For 3 years we traveled through the country in a fiver. We met all kinds of folks in all kinds of places. Some of the most friendly and interesting people I spent time with were campers in 10 year old fivers, or small older TT's or Class C's. Some of the most stand-offish stuckup folks were in larger Class A units. Actually looking back on the friends we made during our RV travels there is not one Class A diesel pusher in the bunch.
I fully agree with you! I purposely drive an older relatively small (31') class A.
I want to hold on to this unit as long as I can, because it has no slides (eliminating a lot of trouble), and I have remodeled the interior in a way I like it (to fit my needs and the needs of my traveling companion a Rottweiler/Great Dane mix). My motorhome is now a very reliable and well functioning vehicle (and it is fully paid for for many years now), and as I said, I want to keep it as long as I can.
However, when parking next to one of the fancy looking diesel pushers the owners of such a unit very often look at me like at a pariah because I am driving such a small, old unit (in reality, I might be in a better position to afford one of those fancy diesel pushers than some of their owners - I made my living in medical research). What I find really comical is the fact that many of those travelers seem to leave their unit only to get into their car to drive to another indoor event. They have not the least bit of a desire to do try a little bit of "camping".

Another irritating aspect of some diesel pusher drivers is their habit to leave the engine running for a long time when they break camp early in the morning. This noise may sound wonderful to them, but certainly not to me when I am still in bed and have a construction equipment diesel engine running next to me! I have never experienced these kind of habits with owners of class C or "standard" class A motorhomes!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum