Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 03:01 AM   #8
Stevenb2560

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE EVO 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locknut View Post
Yesterday, as I wrote in another post, I had the front end aligned on my new 2016 Thor Vegas 25.3. The camber was ok, but the toe was off, and I had the caster adjusted as has been suggested in several previous forum posts by various contributors. I also had a Safe-T-Plus and heavy duty Hellrig sway bars installed. (The unit has 800 miles on it.)

Coincidentally, this morning I received a call from the Thor Concierge Service, checking to make sure all was OK with the new vehicle. Since I had read in these Forums that some owners had been reimbursed for the cost of their first alignment, I inquired as to whether I could receive reimbursement also.

I was transferred to Thor Customer Service, where I made the request. I was flatly told that Thor does NOT reimburse for alignments. The rep said he had worked for Thor for two years and he had never known for any customer to be reimbursed during that time by Thor.

So my question is...Is there anyone on here that has had a direct experience with this...and were you or were you not reimbursed?
I just took delivery of our new 2017 ACE 30.3 two and half weeks ago. I had the same question about front end alignment. I spoke with Daniel Carr from Thor. He stated that Thor does not cover or reimburse a customer for a front end alignment period! He went on to state that it is in print in your owners manual and on a sticker near the drivers seat, that Thor strongly encourages new owners to take their vehicle in for an alignment check after delivery and loading of their RV. He said that it is the new owners responsibility.
I made an appointment at a local RV service center near my home. I had the alignment check and it was found to be ok on caster and camber but out on toe. They made some adjustments and centered the steering wheel for a couple hundred bucks.
I have also completed the CHF and installed a steering stabilizer this week. The MH drives real nice and I am happy with the results so far. We are going on a short camping trip next week, so I will get some highway time on it.

Steven B
S/W Florida

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.