Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Howdy!
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #3
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I towed our 4dr Wrangler 4 down with no problems. I used a Blue Ox baseplate, motorhome mounted 10,000 lb towbar and a brake buddy braking system which I bought super cheap. CooltechLLC makes a great electrical tow harness which is super easy to use. I had a spare ignition key made without the chip, used it to unlock the steering column when driving. Blue Ox also makes a keyed alike set of hitch pins which are a nice option.

That's pretty much it, wiring harness went on in about 30 min. Baseplate was a challenge but looked and worked great once it was on. With the Blue Ox towbar one person can hook up everything in just a few minutes. When not being used the towbar stays on the MH and has a cover, don't have to mess with storage.

Hope that helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.