Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 01:08 AM   #1
bulldogpilot

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34P
State: California
THOR #5941
Wimpy Headlights

The H9 bulbs for low and high beams in our Windsport do a meager job at best to light up the road.

So, I ordered two sets of LED lights from LED Headlights Kits - Free Shipping, Lifetime Warranty - LedHeadlightsPro..

H9 - Single Beam - LED Headlights Kit - Free Shipping & Lifetime Warranty - LED Headlights Pro

I chose 35W White (no CanBUS) for the low beams and 45W white (no CanBUS) for the highs.

The install is very straight forward (plug-n-play), although, be sure to remove the outer protective cover from the bulb before trying to install them... Don't ask! Also, the light harness connector can connect in two ways. If your lights don't spin up, just reverse the light harness connector.

I saved off the four H9 Bulbs (just in case).

And WOW what a difference. The low beams are bright, but will not blind others, since the low beams are in projector housing, which came with the Windsport.

The high beams are extremely bright.

Before you run out and get some, be sure your RV has "projector style" low beams. If you have standard reflectors style, then LEDs and HID replacements will not throw light effectively and tend to blind on coming traffic.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum