Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 11:44 PM   #20
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Don't have much respect for the intelligence of state safety inspectors do you? Any individual with half a brain can see the difference between incandescent, halogen, LED and HID headlights.

Also, suggest folks look at insurance policies to see who pays in the event of an accident (i.e. hitting a deer at night) if non-DOT compliant headlights were installed on the vehicle.

Bottom line, you are free to do whatever your wallet can afford.
Isn't state safety inspector and intelligence an oxymoron? Some of the inspectors I've dealt with were lucky to find their way to work. Seriously doubt many would look at the bulbs to see if they are DOT rated, if they do I would have the old bulbs to swap back.

I've lived in several different states, some with and some without inspections. It has been my experience that most state inspections are just a money maker, not a real service. I wish all states inspected properly, would get some of the fog machines off the road! I would be happy to pay for a "real" inspection!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum