Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 04:45 AM   #7
craiglang1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #3591
Thor Axis Kitchen Sink Install

I receive my Dawn 3235 Stainless Steel Sink yesterday and installed it today. Removing the stock plastic sink was pretty easy. There are 3 studs with wing nuts that are under the counter top and need to be removed before sink will come out. I had to take out the top drawer to access one of the wing nuts. Once the wing nuts were off, I unscrewed the "P-Trap" from the sink. Then I just tapped my HYDE putty knife under the lip of the sink and tapped it gently with a hammer. The sink popped up and came out easily. Unfortunately the new Dawn Sink required I enlarge the hole opening. The Dawn Sink came with a cardboard template. I centered it over the existing hole and traced the template with a pencil. The new opening requires you to cut off about 3/8" off the counter top. I used a Craftsman Vibrating Saw to cut the counter top. A Saber Saw (Hand Held Jig Saw) would probably work with a fine tooth saw blade. The counter top is pretty hard to cut. I went thru 2 blades and it took about 30 minutes to cut the larger hole. Dawn Sink fit great, just put some E6000 Adhesive under the rim and set it in place. I had to rotate the hole to line up with the existing P-Trap. Everything fit perfectly. Installed a new stainless sink strainer with plumbers putty and was done. Attached photos show old sink with wing nuts and 2 of the 3 pieces I had to cut out. All tools used and finished sink and under sink. Total project took about 2 hours including about an hour to vacuum up saw dust (fine powder).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1026.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	3588   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1028.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	3589  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1021.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	3590   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1020.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	3591  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum