Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 12:38 AM   #4
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Happy with my 2014 Hurricane 32A... We bought ours used and less than a year old as well - though at higher mileage.

If you've reviewed the forum - you have seen the importance of a pre-delivery inspection - use that to make sure everything possible is working or fixed... We found a list of things the first day - including a non-working microwave... dealer addressed them all.
(You didn't say whether you were buying from a dealer - but they can make or break your experience.)

With a used unit - you won't get any warranty from Thor - but should still get the remaining 3/36 warranty on the chassis/powertrain.
Hopefully the original owner has 'debugged' the unit already.

I chose to get an extended service plan - initially covering coach only (since chassis was still under warranty) - and recently added full coverage as we expired the Ford warranty on miles. Whether you choose to or not is up to you... I fix many things myself - and do my own regular maintenance - but with the amount of money I owe the bank - wanted the piece of mind against a major failure at least (you can 'tune' the deductible - and thereby the premium to your needs...)

Warranty claims so far covered replacement stereo (Jensen blank screen issue) and a leveling jack failure/replacement.

Working on a list of mods I've done and will share when I get it compiled.

Good luck with the 'new' coach!
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.