Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 08:17 PM   #44
KNMIB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgutierr View Post
My latest upgrade is replacing the analog thermostat with a digital one. The analog one was impossible to set accurately. It had huge swings. I chose to go with a digital Cole Mach unit vs a Hunter battery based unit because I wanted to retain all functions. This is a super easy upgrade. Pop the cap off the current unit and remove the two screws holding the base plate down. Pull the wiring out of the wall then rewire with the new unit. Go one color at a time. The new unit and the old one with have exactly the same colors (assuming your old one was also a Coleman). I bought the Coleman 8330-3362 Single Stage Heat/Cool Digital Wall Thermostat from RVupgrades.com. It was less than $50.

Here is link to where I bought it:
Coleman 8330-3362

Here is a picture of the final product:

Here is what the wiring looks like:

OK I am ready to install the same thermostat that you did and replacing the same one you did. What thru me off was the different color wires being put together. If I am looking at your picture right it goes gray to yellow, red to red, white to white, yellow to red, blue to blue/stripped wire, green to green the first color being the thermostat. I might be over killing this but want to get it right. Thanks for your help.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.