Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 08:39 PM   #45
jrgutierr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28Z
State: California
THOR #1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
OK I am ready to install the same thermostat that you did and replacing the same one you did. What thru me off was the different color wires being put together. If I am looking at your picture right it goes gray to yellow, red to red, white to white, yellow to red, blue to blue/stripped wire, green to green the first color being the thermostat. I might be over killing this but want to get it right. Thanks for your help.
Match the new units wiring to what is currently on your Coleman analog unit. Meaning that if your thick red wire coming out of the analog unit goes to a thick red wire coming out of the wall then mimic it. If the yellow wire coming out of the analog unit goes to a skinny red wire from the wall then copy it. Unfortunately the wires coming out of the wall my not be the on the same colors on all RVs but the wires coming out of the thermostat should be the same. I hope this clears it up.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum