Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 01:10 AM   #13
K6NCX

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: California
THOR #5809
Came today to collect the motor home. For those of you following along at home, this is the 2016 ACE with problems caused by rain water getting into furnace compartment even though the cover is the one without louvers.

It was parked out front, in the rain, so we decided to check it out before going in to talk with them.

Furnace started right up. I could hear it at night. We were beginning to feel some warm air blowing out of the vent. And after about two minutes, it shut off. So I turned it off, waited a few minutes and try to again. Same result. Started up right away, cut off in two minutes.

So we went into talk to them. It seems they found indeed that after they sprayed the motorhome down with hose, since it wasn't raining that day, water indeed got into the compartment and it was pooled in the bottom. So I've got to give them credit, sort of, their idea was to drill a hole in the bottom so water could drain out. Not clear why there is now a different manifestation of the problem.

So, they took it back into the shop and opened it up. I don't know quite what was done but it seems to be working OK now. The guy did tell me that they put a bead of sealant across the top of the door, which seems like a good idea for keeping water out but…

So now we brought it home. I hope it works this next week. I expect wet and cold weather.

In other news, the replacement for the shower curtain parentheses this was a recall) seem to be about 3 inches too small. The shower door could not be closed with the new one installed. I don't quite understand how anyone could think that the job was completed with the shower door not closable, but that's the way we found it. They agreed that we would be better off with the old one, so that's what we have now.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum