Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 03:29 AM   #2
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Slightly different storage solution for me, but I found that there was some available storage space behind one of the baffles Thor installed.

Original Baffle:

When I removed the baffle, I found a little triangle area:

I think Thor put the baffle in there as directly behind it is the main slot for the slide out that has electrical, gas, and water lines going through it. In the photo, you can perhaps see where the water lines go through the floor - that is where the slot is. And if a can of soup fell into that slot, then it would jamb the slide out.

It sure would have been nice if Thor had taken the time to route the wiring and lines to towards the rear of the cabinet rather than just haphazardly taking the closest route to the appliances. If they had done so, I could have recovered at least two or three sq ft of space. But that would have meant doing a quality job and that is not gonna happen.

So what I did was to use some 1/4" plywood and using box joints (an advanced but probably unnecessary jointing technique), I created a new "baffle" that still prevents a can of soup rolling into the slide out mechanism, but gives me a bit of storage room.

I didn't gain a lot of storage space for sure, maybe about 1sq ft., but every bit helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.