Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 03:17 PM   #1
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Smile Dash cam & Scan Gauge

Well Santa was pretty good to me, got a dash cam and a Scan Gauge II.

I'm not sure if I'm going to mount the dash cam on the windshield (will be hard to reach) or on the top of the dash (will require a different mount so it's not upside down). Mounting on the windshield would give the camera a great field of view, but it will be a stretch to reach it. I think the dash mount would work good and still have a good viewpoint, problem is finding a suitable mount. I've watched a lot of videos on you-tube and it has convinced me that for liability purposes a dash cam is a good accessory to have.

Anxious to hook up th Scan Gauge, talked to several people who have them and all comments have been positive. Trip functions and fuel mileage functions I think will be useful along with the ability to view codes, hope I don't need the code function! I plan on mounting on the steering column, big flat spot there that will be easy to see and reach.

I would be interested to hear comments from anyone who's used either one.

Hope everyone had a safe and VERY Merry Christmas! Looking forward to a Happy New Year! If you're on the road have FUN and stay safe!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.