Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 08:40 PM   #3
gentilebrian

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
How do you do at launching the boat with the RV? Last year I paid for launch services rather than risk it.
We launch ours all the time with our 26' class C. (7000# boston whaler) Big thing is make sure you don't bottom out going over the ramp and don't trust the parking brake.

My wife and I have a system. First take off the strap and chain from bow eye. Next have a rope that goes from the winch post threw the bow eye and up to a cleat. Back the boat into the water. Start it up then the person in the boat goes and removes the rope from the cleat and throws it over. It will slide right threw the bow eye. Just make sure rope is not long enough to get back to the tires. Driver never leaves the seat.

To come out the driver has to get out (because there are only 2 of us) so she backs in the trailer. I drive the boat up the trailer and once up she then sets the parking brake and gets out to hook up the winch strap. and goes backup up to cab. It isn't until she pulls forward that I trim up the motors and turn them off. This way if the parking brake was to fail I could use the boat to keep the rv from sliding in.

They also sell a device to where when you pull up on the trailer it automatically latches onto the bow eye. It wont work on mine but I have seen it on a lot of ski boats.

Nice to see another RV with a bow in tow.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.