Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 01:25 AM   #20
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I think you will find flat towing far easier than dolly towing. Biggest problem, is when you get to a park, you have to do something with the dolly, usually means hand wrestling it to somewhere to store it, and some parks may have no provision for it at all. We have been towing our 2007 HHR since it was new, until a month ago with a 40+ foot DP, we now have a little Gemini, and though I can and have towed the HHR, I don't plan to do a lot of towing. We will use Uber and econobox rentals, but in reality the Gemini is so small it can go into parking lots for provisioning while we travel. That six inch drop is a lot, I only needed a two inch drop with the DP and none with the Gemini. My setup, BTW, is blue ox base plate, blue ox Aladdin tow bar, GM diode wiring kit for lights, and a US Gear unified braking system. It has all worked very well for many years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.