Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 11:46 AM   #2
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
There are D ring adapters that will hook to a Reese towbar, don't remember the website but sure you can google it. Check out etrailers, they have a bunch of stuff just for towing. CoolTechLLC makes the best and easiest wiring harness for hooking up lights. You will also need a braking system, it's a law in most states. The braking system comes in lots of different flavors, some require drilling, other plug in to jeep and run off the battery, you're just going to have to look at what you want to spend. When towing the steering column has to be unlocked, have a spare key made without the chip, it will unlock column but won't let anyone start your jeep.

The jeep I towed was lifted 2", didn't affect towing at all, yours shouldn't either. You will need to have a hitch ball that is either level with your tow bar or a little lower. On my jeep I had to use a 3 1/2" drop bar turned which gave 3 1/2" lift to align the bar properly.

Hope this helps a little.
Semper Fi

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.