Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Cover for Axis
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 03:39 AM   #6
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I think a Class C cover might fit your Axis better, until someone comes up with a cover specifically for your type coach.

Thing is, your Axis (width and height) is closer to a Class C than a Class A, so it would probably fit better. For example, the published specs for your coach is 11'-3" high x 94" wide. In contrast, the typical Class A is closer to 12~13ft high x 99" wide.

The cover I have is a Classic Accessories Inc PermaPro cover for Class C. They are rather expensive as it is a premium cover, but it has straps that go under the bottom that cinch the cover tight.

My cover is a Model 5, made for coaches 29ft to 32ft. My coach measures 29'-11" - essentially 30ft, but the cover is a bit long. Width and height wise, it's perfect (My height is 10'-10" x 99").

The Model 4 is 26~29ft, which might be too small for my coach, so I guess I have to contend to a floppy front/rear. This year though, I mitigated the extra "flop" in the rear by virtue of the towbar and bike rack that fills out the void somewhat.

The front is still a bit sloppy, but there are side-to-side straps that take up much of the slack.

However, Classic makes two Class A covers, the standard size (up to 122") and a tall size (140"), so perhaps one of those would work as well.

Last year, the cover survived 2ft of snow on the roof.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum