Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 12:22 AM   #29
Fooch

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Florida
THOR #2753
We completed our first long, 6 week, trip in October. And we recently began towing an 18 ft cargo trailer. Kept having a problem dragging and damaging the trailer jack when leaving some parking lots. In Georgia I noticed that the wiring harness cable was chewed up, still can't figure out how the happened. So we immediately went to a repair shop. The cable was repaired and all lights worked except the brake lights. And I know they had been working as we checked them often.
The repair guy traced the wire from the 7 pin plug going forward. For some reason still yet unexplained, there was a dead spot about a foot or so back from the plug. This area should have not been damaged from anything we did to the trailer jack. The repair guy simply made a little jumper wire around the dead spot and all was well. He did say there was a bird nest of wires under the rear of our unit. I need to spend some time and clean it up but haven't gotten around to it yet.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.