Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 02:29 AM   #7
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
That winegard SWM3 system is IMO the very best way to go, but not inexpensive. I know that satellite is a multiple LMB system, meaning it will support more than one direct receiver box, and with that system you are limited to only direct TV. I believe it will support 4 boxes, so you are in luck that way, but you will need 4 receiver boxes, and individual wiring from each box to the TV it is assigned to. As far as changing channels etc. again you are in luck, the newer direct boxes work with RF not IR, so line of sight is not required to operate them, and each remote is programed to one set and its matching receiver box, so someone in another room won't change things on the wrong set. The winegard dish is not an in motion, so it must be folded down when you are underway, but its all controlled from a satellite control box inside, very easy, though it can take up to five minutes or so for it to find all the satellites when you deploy it. No problem, I just let it go through its thing, while I am setting up the coach, connecting water, electric, and sewer, when I'm done its ready. In my case, I only use one direct box so all three TV's will receive the same satellite channel, but if someone wants to watch something different, there is always cable or antennae TV. The down side is, these systems are not given away, and can cost a few dollars to buy, install, plus the direct TV charges for the boxes and setting them up. I also had to get creative to even fit one direct receiver box in our Gemini, though I could probably fit a second one in, I'm sure four would be a no go, at least for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum