Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 02:41 AM   #8
bigben

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
BillT - we originally had the 1st generation Tailgater. We bought the new model Tailgater 2 and installed it on the roof. In our 37TB the box is mounted directly above the fireplace and TV, along with the HDMI splitter box and DVD player. I took the HDMI into the HDMI splitter as HDMI input #2. The cable goes out to 4 TVs (out of the 5 TVs). I found the HDMI Red output cable and used another splitter to enable all 5 TVs. I used a the Next Generation remote extender to replace the standard remote for the VIP 211 Z Dish receiver. I considered the new Wally but decide for sure NOT. If my VIP 211 Z doesn't find all 3 satellites it starts up with what it has. If the Wally doesn't find all satellites, it won't complete setup and consequently won't receive any signal. NOT GOOD. The VIP 211Z and Tailgater 2 receives 1 channel at a time. No big deal for us - we have an older Unlimited Data Hotspot and have Fire TVs on all TVs. Grandkids watch Netflix, Hulu, YouTube etc. No problem.

Anyways - just the way we did it. Not sure of the other dish antennas and receivers. Our setup cost about $400 complete.

PS: This is the Next Generation remote link via Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Next-Generati...words=Next+Gen

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum