Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 12:25 AM   #4
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck H View Post
My 2015 Vegas 25.2 chassis battery has gone completely flat while full timing, connected to shore power. I called Thor tech Support yesterday, and they went through a long troubleshooting process that led to power at the dash. I went to work, and when I came back, there was no power to the dash and the battery was dead again. On today's call (different person), I was told that the chassis battery only gets a milliamp level charge and only when the coach batteries are fully charged.
I'm on my battery charger now, and it shows about 5% charge on the battery after an hour. This had metotally frustrated.
If you put a volt meter on the chassis battery when under shore power or generator, it should read the same charging voltage as the house batteries - at least mine does. That means to me that they are being charged at the same rate. Are you charging using your internal converter charger or an external battery charger? What voltage do you see on both battery banks?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum