Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
toolman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #1727
My Batteries

The 2 batteries are with no name but I believe they are 20 AH 12V Flooded 12 V made by Exide J16. A label on them has 27MDP. I googled this # and I came up with these specs that I listed.
My four new Batteries are Trojan 30XHS 12V C-16 130AH at 20Hrs or 105AH at 5Hr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
It depends... Need specifications of the existing and new batteries...
Are all batteries 12v? (some use 6v in series...)
I assume the existing coach batteries are 'flooded' (wet cell)...
WHat is the battery chemistry? Are the new flooded, AGM (absorbed glass mat), Gell?
What are the amp hour capacities of existing and new?

In general the higher the amp hour capacity, the longer you can run on batteries... As safe rule of thumb - half the rated capacity is available to use...

The battery chemistry will determine if current converter can be used to charge.

When plugged in to shore power - the inverter can be turned OFF... (Some include a transfer switch so they will bypass and allow shore/generator power thru - but without that you could still be running 110 off 12v for the inverter controlled outlets...)
Sounds like the inverter is tripping out on low voltage - and waiting for batteries to charge again...
11.5 is VERY LOW voltage for a 12v system.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum