Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 01:06 AM   #6
toolman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #1727
I was setting up a Solar System in my Class C. Things changed so we purchased this Hurricane 35M. I had a expert on Solar tell me that these are very good Batteries for a RV Solar System. I had them installed in my Thor Chateau Class C. Solar Panels kept them charged up to 14.8V's.
So now I want to install these 4 Trojans in my 35M. I have plenty of space. I do not want to use the Solar Panels. So my questions of will y current charging system handle doing the 4 Batteries? This I have no knowledge of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
That's impressive specifications for a 66-pound battery. Their specific energy density looks very good for a 12-Volt battery.

Most "experts" (which definitely doesn't include me) normally don't recommend having 4 batteries wired in parallel. If you tied them all together you'd have 6, and they would be of different sizes, brands, and age. Experts would certainly not recommend that.

These batteries seem ideal for a light golf cart or other 48-VDC device where the batteries would be connected in series. That's not to say they can't be connected in parallel in a 12-VDC system, although you'd want to keep cables of equal length to insure batteries charge and discharge as evenly as possible.

I'm curious how or why you selected these new batteries?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum