Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Inverter
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #6
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
This is not to knock the ACE, it is a very nice RV and we came close to purchasing one last February - but we bought another Axis instead. From a first time owners perspective you need to drive both and decide what you need in an RV and how you are going to use it. If you are used to driving large vehicles and you do most of your RVing in KOA type RV Parks and you don't mind towing a vehicle, then the extra size and room of the ACE makes sense to me. I went to the Tampa RV show last year with a check in my pocket ready to upgrade from our 25' Vegas to something in the 27-30' range. We looked at every manufacturer and model out there and I could not convince my wife nor myself that we needed or wanted an F-53 chassis over the E-450. So we bought a new Axis. In 2015 we drove from Florida to Alaska and lived in the Vegas for 4 months. You would think that we would want the extra room in the F-53. It's not the size that bothers me, I drove large trucks while in the USAF. But we like to camp in National Forests and National Parks and in our two month trip out west last summer we would not have fit a 30', F-53 chassis in the campgrounds we we in. In addition, we find the E-450 small enough that we do not need to tow. So there are lots of thing to think about before you buy. There is no right answer and the ACE may be best for you. I have always believed that the smallest boat or RV that meets your need is the best. My wife reminded me of that last February. Good luck in your search.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum