Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: ACE 29.3 Newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #19
Thor29.3inAZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29.3
State: Washington
THOR #6025
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioRanger View Post
Hi, A question on the steering play. We got a 2017 29.3 this summer and the steering wheel is about 30 degrees out of center going straight down the road. So will be taking it in for alignment in the spring once we are driving it again.

Do you ask them to make the steering tighter? It seems like there may be a bit of play in that. Gotta go to the Ford dealer for that stuff.

I asked Thor about the drains. The bathroom sink goes into the black tank so you get a little more water in there to flush out the tank. The shower goes into the gray tank. I had thought my black tank was filling fast and was concerned that the shower was going into the black tank. Glad it is not. The black tank is not that big, but we did make it a week. I also had a sensor that was not working right on the black tank. So it was hard to tell if it was full or not.

We liked the floorplan on the 29.3 and look forward to the upcoming season!

John
Our steering wheel was off like you mentioned. The alinement helped a lot but it is still just slightly off. Not a big deal now for me. I did the adjustment, not hard to do. The steering box, located just under the drivers feet, outside in the engine compartment is where it can be done. A 3/4" wrench and a short flat screw driver gets it done. The wrench is for the lock jam nut. It's kinda a tight spot, why the short screw driver. The adjuster is facing towards the inside and there is a beam there (if I remember right, or it's the wall to the drivers compartment).
It helped in the throw of the steering wheel. Made it a bit tighter steering. So as not to have to swing the steering wheel so far to make a difference, if that makes sense. Ask the tech to do it. He should know how to (hopefully).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum