Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Inverter
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #16
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Actually, the stuff I read on the web indicated that a 1000 watt inverter should be OK, but some people had trouble making that work, do I upped it to 1500 watts to be safe. 2000 watts would be even better, but 1500 should be OK. I believe the high wattage is to hear the water and the actual running of the machine after that is relatively small.
The single-cup Keurig like we have pulls well over 1,000 watts, but for less than a minute. Total brewing time for mid-size cup is just over a minute, but during part of that time it pulls very little power. I checked current myself. This would explain why 1,000-watt inverters may not work reliably. There is also issue of current wave quality.

Having said that, I've read reports in other forums that there is a Keurig coffee maker that pulls less than 1,000 watts (about 700 watts if I recall correctly). I've looked for such a coffee maker but haven't found one yet. If it added 30 to 45 extra seconds to brew a cup, I'd be OK with that.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum