Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Spare Tires
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 04:40 PM   #8
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyStapler View Post
A big thanks to everyone for your spare tire replies.

I have decided to purchase a spare tire and just not inflate it. I can put it in the large compartment in back. I will always be calling for road side assistance; however, it would be convenient to have the spare tire to save time [just in case the road side service does not have my type of tire].

Personally, I think it would be a big PLUS if the Thor Company would at least come with a spare tire attachment underneath the MH so everyone doesn't have to go to the shop and have one installed.

It appears the majority of people do want a spare tire for security.
I didn't think that a tire would fit in any compartment of a 24.1 Axis, but, I didn't want to take up that much room out of what storage the unit has. As I posted before, I bought a tire only, wrapped it in furniture moving cellophane and mounted it between the frame rails behind the fuel tank. One end of the tire on the tow bar and the other end of the tire on top of a 2x6 piece of wood cut to fit. I also put two carriage bolts through the wood and existing holes in the frame rails to keep it tight and in place. Drove it over 3000 miles and it is still tightly in place. I agree that at least I wouldn't have to wait days for a tow company to find a tire to mount for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.