Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 01:40 PM   #119
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
In a previous life, I worked with chemical feed system in the paper industry, and we did a lot of work with tank level sensing, various sized tanks, some smaller but most from around 150 gallons up to around 3,000 gallons. It's been more than 10 years so no doubt tech has advanced, but back then the ultrasonics had issues and we didn't use them a lot. If I recall correctly (and my memory is a bit fuzzy on the subject), one issue was that they worked best with a greater distance looking down to the liquid than we had to work with. Some of our tanks had agitation, & I think other issues were difficulty with that agitation and foaming. At that time the things were improving and looking good though.

Anyway, I am certainly not sure, but I'm thinking that ultrasonics might have issue with the small tank dimensions that we are talking about here....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum