Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 01:44 AM   #10
Nursx2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
I bought a Hurricane 34 J 1st week of October (2015 model). POS!!!!! Had a 2003 Forest River 3100SS class C prior and wish I still had it. Thor quality is non existent! OMG! What a slap together job. I thought Forest River was bad, yikes, I guess they all are nowadays.

I am currently dealing with the MAXXAIR company to get a new circuit board for the ceiling fan as it quit working after 3 weeks! One of the HDMI cables was bent so bad to the main TV, the wires are cracked and the signal from the DVD player (not included by the way), comes and goes so bad, I will have to replace it. The trim on top of the microwave was simply jammed in, fell out on our first weekend trip. They did not even bother to screw the holding tabs in the wood! The gap between the wall and the ceiling next to the stove is almost 1/2 wide, hidden by a piece of trim that was hot glued up - yep, also fell down. One of the outside cargo doors is dropped so bad that it doesn't line up with the tab to close. The leveling system sucks as it is unable to auto level even on the most level, gravel site. The amount of dirt and debris from the manufacturing process left in the coach was ridiculous. They are simply dirt bags! There are multiple deep scratches throughout that are simply covered up by a slight layer of wax pencil! No quality at all. There is a 4x4 cut out in front of the psg. rear tire that lets all the road water into the sewer compartment - this cut out is for the side marker light wire to pass through - it is covered now. The nylon bag underneath the oven which covers all the wires/plumbing in order to keep the draft out from under the slide was torn all the way down because it got caught in the paneling which was hooking in it every time the slide went out. The paneling was stapled with 2 staples, which came out - screwed in secure now!

I will have had the motorhome 1 month tomorrow and these are the problems I have discovered and fixed already! I fear what the future will bring. I would not purchase another Thor product ever again!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum