Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 12:17 AM   #13
Greg84

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Colorado
THOR #1497
Huck, welcome to the forum. I'm a little late to this discussion but here goes. I'm a retired Marine and tow a 2 1/2" lifted 2007 Rubicon on 35"s.

I connect directly to d-rings, which are bolted through the front bumper and into the frame. I had to replace my d-ring mount so the mount was compatible with both my tow bar and my desire to still use d-rings when I wheel. Did not want to add a baseplate underneath as that took away from the approach angle when wheeling.

I agree with those that recommend the Cool Tech wiring harness. Easy to install and have had no issues.

What kind of front bumper do you have? Or plan on getting? There are a couple of after market bumpers that are designed for towing.

Don't know what kind of tow bar or braking system you have but here is a good discussion on the Ready Brake system: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f9/...help-5117.html

Edit: We started looking at Class Cs at first and ended up with our current RV as our "Entry Level". I blame it on my wife. LOL Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.