Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 06:52 PM   #1
TowJumper

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #6114
Motorcoach newby - looking. Model and pricing make no sense to me.

Hello:

As a kid we went from the Republic of Panama to Washington DC in a VW pop-top camper. Then we sent the camper to Europe and traveled the world between my dad's assignments in the military.

I guess I want to do the same type of travel with my wife when the kids are on their own. I tried to do instill the camping gene into my kids with a 29ft travel trailer when my kids were small.

We sold the TT eight years ago because although we used it extensively, as the dad I needed a vacation from the "vacation" after towing, backing, hooking up, leveling dumping, cleaning, fixing etc. One weekend or week at a time took a toll and the kids got into sports, scouts etc.

Now we have one in college and one a Jr in High School and our plans of traveling together in motorhome (wife and I and 2 small dogs) are getting closer.

So now I am shopping it is surprising that prices mean NOTHING in the traditional sense. In the Thor world (our TT was a Forest River and it was OK), you have the Axis/Vegas < ACE < Hurricane etc etc. I think I like the Axis/Vegas because of the size, but dang if it I could not get much more room and features for almost the same money and go bigger.

It seems to me that there is modest or no price difference between these three models.

I know the Axis/Vegas are smaller and on the E-450 chassis versus the other gas coaches on the F-53 but it seems cost is not really a factor between these models. I know the F-53 models are bigger but often they have even better specs, like auto-levelers. I can find ACE models at almost the exact price of the smaller coaches. Hurricane slightly more money.

I have NEVER driven a motorhome of any kind so the E-450 vs F-53 is hard to grasp. I KNOW I do not want a white-knuckle ride for sure.

I want my wife to be able to drive some and I want to be able to get into gas stations and camping spots with relative ease.

Before I dive in, help me figure out what I should be considering.

Thanks in advance for any help!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum