Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #15
Greg84

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Colorado
THOR #1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Thanks Greg! I have a Hanson Off-road stubby front bumper. So far I haven't gotten anything RV related yet since I'm still in Hawaii until August. I am thinking about getting the wiring harness, brake system, and maybe the tow bar attachments that attach to the D-ring mounts so I can get the jeep all set up. I figure none of that stuff will be too bad to ship to Hawaii, but if it is then I will wait until I get to the mainland. What kind of 35's do you have, and do they wear pretty fast when towing or do they do pretty good? I have a set of stock Rubi tires on my jeep right now because it's too expensive to get tires and wheels out here...plus I'm going to need to re-gear when I get 35's. I will try to attach a picture of my jeep.
I'd recommend you call Hansen and check with them on using the d-rings as attach points. I know some manufactures do not recommend towing with their d-ring points. It all depends on how they are welded up. From my perspective I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I have about 40k on my current tires Goodyear MTR/Ks. 30k driving and 10k towing. I have another year or two left in them.

Also you will probably need a hitch receiver so that your tow bar is level when connected to the jeep. You won't know until you get your RV and see what the height differential is between the RV receiver and jeep tow points.

Good luck and let me know if you have anymore questions. I did a lot of research when I was setting up my jeep to tow.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.