Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
We've been camping for a good 15 years now. Our first one was a hybrid trailer (a hard sided camper but it had beds that fold out like a pop up). It was the first attempt at such a thing by the manufacturer we purchased from (you'd think I'd learned my lesson! LOL oh well). We got out of that after a year (we had to completely re-engineer the hinges on the beds!).
Our next two (a 26' travel trailer, and a 31 ft 5th wheel) we were very happy with (picked up the 5th wheel when the family started growing).
After 10 years of hauling 45+ ft down the road we were looking to downsize a bit and ended up with the Axis 24.1 (about 26ft long). It is big enough for our family to all sleep comfortably and small enough that we can put it just about anywhere or even use it like a conversion van (which we have).
So far we've been very happy with it (put about 2000 miles on it). Being new, however, we've found all kinds of different mods we want to do (our rule with the 5th wheel was to do at least one thing to it a season).
(Re: Learned my lesson above: the Axis was a brand new design when we picked it up back in Feb. My thoughts though: Everything on the Axis Thor has done in various campers before so it isn't completely new.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum