Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #234
Hudsoner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
The guides are molded in to the A pillar covers, doubt they would fit your coach. Perhaps you could use 1/2 x 1 inch wood strips stained or painted as guides, problem would be how to attach to A pillar covers which are thin plastic.
That's what I would do, make something out of wood or some channel like metal. My A pillar cover is attached to the frame with several screws, and I could use those to fasten something, or glue some channel to it. I can dig into the almost bottomless 3M glue/adhesive bin to find something that would hold stuff to the cover. Another alternative would be to make a guide with fiberglass and integrate this into the A pillar cover. My son is pretty good in doing custom fiberglass stuff. I just need to convince him to do it (a case of beer is a very good convincing tool).
First thing now would be to get some closeup pictures how they did it from the factory.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.