Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 03:15 AM   #5
tigwelder

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #5112
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
I recently ordered my Axis 25.2 ... I know that this floor plan is the only one ( I think) that does not come with a ladder. I plan to add solar panels to the roof at some point and I would need to be able to easily access the roof to adjust the tilt of the panels not to mention normal roof maintenance. Is there no way to mount an after market permanent ladder? Does the rear slide make that an impossibility? Is there any other place one could be added?
I realize I could get one of those collapsible ladders and for those of you who use one of these, how stable are they? How easy is it to get on and off the roof? For someone uncomfortable with heights ( me ) are they even somethings to be considered?
Thanks
then you don't want a collapsible ladder.a 12' ladder will give you 1 foot over the roof with nothing to hold on to when you get to top and when you come off roof to ladder.you also need something to tie the ladder to on the roof.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum