Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Below Freezing
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #5
Hudsoner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post

Minor inconvenience to not use the plumbing for the first day or so - compared to a major repair to start my stay in the sunshine state.
That is exactly my opinion! And that is the reason why I use the windshield washer stuff (the blue juice that is good down to 20º) to flush the toilet if that has to be used during the cold part of the trip. If I need to poor some fresh water (from the water jug I carry along) down the drain, I poor the same amount of EV antifreeze (the pink stuff) down the drain.
My tanks are also heated, but not the drain pipes and valves. I had them freeze shut on me once (I had not drained the tanks properly, and some liquid was left in the drain pipes), and it takes a very long time to unfreeze them and one vales started to leak after this, and I had to replace it (not a very enchanting job).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.